Michigan Disability Rights Coalition is a disability justice movement working to transform communities.
Before the Conference/Webinar
You can use a Windows PC or a Mac or Linux computer. For Mac and Linux computers, you use the Alternative Instructions to log in to the webinar. Make sure your computer has:
- Speakers or a headset with speakers
- A directly connected High-speed connection to the Internet (not wireless)
There will not be a call-in number available for audio. You will only be able to access the conference via the Internet. Please test your equipment early to work out any bugs you might have. Let me know as soon as possible if you are having any problems and we will try to help. We often are not able to help the day of the webinar as we are busy setting up with the presenters.
To test your Internet connection, microphone and speakers click on the following link:
(Please note: A microphone is not needed, you can interact via the online text chat)
On the day of the Webinar:
- Please see the instructions below and download and install the plug-in early if you can just in case you have any problems.
At Least 15 Minutes before the scheduled start time:
- Go to enter your conference
- Click on the first link entitled "Download and install the IDEAL Conference Plug-In. Install the plug-in.
- Click on the second link entitled "Click here to enter the conference room".
- You will be prompted to enter a User Name and Password. Please enter your first and last name in the "User Name" field. Please leave the Password field blank.
- Click the "Log On" button.
Sometimes State of Michigan or other organizational firewalls will prevent you from installing the plug-in. In this case, you can use the alternative instructions. If you use a Mac or Linux computer or have an problem installing the plug-in, please see the alternative access instructions below and use the web client instead of the plug-in.
Alternative Access Instructions
This direct connection does not require you to download and install a plug-in program.
- Click here to enter the conference room
- Enter your first and last name in the User Name field.
- Please leave the password field blank.
In order to hear the presenter speaking you need have Adobe Flash Player installed on your PC. You can download Flash by clicking in this link.
This webinar platform is accessible. You can access options from the top tool bar access Accessibility and Speech options. Additional Instructions:
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Web Client Room Entry Guidelines for Screen reader Users (If you can't access the plug-in).
- Guidelines for Jaws Users
To access the real-time captions (CART):
- Log into the conference room via the instructions above.
- In the lower right corner, you'll see a box with CC in it. Please click on/select the CC button.
- A new window will open.
- In the new window, I recommend turning off the header (there is a link to do this) once you've made any adjustments to the font size and colors that you desire.
- Re-size both the conference room window and the captioning window. I found that having the conference window on the top part of my screen and the caption window below worked for me. Make sure they don't overlap, otherwise when you type in the conference window chat box, the captions window will disappear under the conference room window.
(You may want to join early to set up the caption window and make sure everything is working well for you!)